Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Barcelona Xavi: I'm disappointed with Dembele

Barcelona's Xavi admitted to being disappointed with the departure of Ousmane Dembele to PSG. Although it is not yet official, it is already a done deal and should materialise before the end of the week.

"I am disappointed. We couldn't compete with PSG's proposal. I tried to keep him, but he told me that he had already spoken to [PSG president] Nasser and [PSG coach] Luis Enrique and that there was no going back. It is the law of the market. The proposal they are making to him is totally out of our hands. We can't compete with it right now. It's a pity. Good luck to him.

"We asked him why and he didn't know how to answer. I guess it's something personal. 

Disappointed? Yes. The important thing is that he has been clear. I wish him luck."

"He knew everything. About the clause and everything. I am in contact with him. On the tour, all day. I knew there was a possibility. I saw him very happy, I didn't expect it. It's the market. If you don't want to be at Barcelona, you have to let him go."

"The loss of Ousmane weakens us."

Culled from marca.com

No comments:

Post a Comment